Southern California Gas Co.
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 29, 2006 - Southern California Gas Company (The Gas Company) is encouraging its business customers to apply for more than $10 million in energy-efficiency rebates and incentives reserved for them in 2007 - the highest level of funding for such programs in its 140-year history.
"These rebates and incentives are only the beginning," said Mark Gaines, The Gas Company’s director of customer programs. "Participating businesses save much more money by using less fuel."
The Gas Company’s funding for rebates and incentives is at a record high because energy efficiency plays a critical role in meeting the state’s energy needs and helping the environment, Gaines added.
The $10 million is available through the following programs:
• $3.3 million in rebates from the Express Efficiency Program, which offers up to $200,000 per customer per year for retrofits on a broad range of qualifying commercial equipment - including boilers, pipe and tank insulation, steam traps, residential washers for commercial (non-coin-op) use, and instantaneous and storage water heaters;
• $3.4 million in incentives through the Custom Process Improvement and Process Equipment Replacement programs, which offer up to $25,000 per customer, per year, for improving business processes and installing energy-efficient equipment;
• $1.2 million in incentives from the Energy-Efficiency Grant Program, which provides up to $300,000 per customer, per year, on qualifying large energy-efficient equipment retrofits and/or process redesigns;
• $330,000 in rebates from the Food Service Equipment Rebate Program, which offers up to $25,000 per account, per year, on qualifying ovens, fryers, griddles and other commercial cooking equipment;
• $1.1 million in incentives from the Savings By Design program, which improve energy efficiency for customers that design new facilities, expand existing facilities or change business processes; and
• $770,000 in incentives from the Advanced Home program, which encourages energy-efficient residential construction.
Qualifying business customers can take advantage of these programs by visiting www.socalgas.com/energyefficiency, calling 1-800-GAS-2000 or contacting their account representatives.
The Gas Company’s energy-efficiency programs for business and residential customers in 2006-2008 have a goal of saving about 58 million therms of natural gas - enough energy to serve about 107,000 homes for a year.
All rebates and incentives are subject to change without notice and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available. These programs are funded by California utility customers and administered by The Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
The Gas Company is the nation’s largest natural gas distribution utility, providing safe and reliable energy to 19.8 million consumers through 5.6 million meters. The company’s service territory encompasses approximately 20,000 square miles in most of central and Southern California. The Gas Company strives to provide exceptional customer service to enhance the quality of life in the community. The Gas Company is a regulated subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE). Sempra Energy, based in San Diego, is a Fortune 500 energy services holding company.